By David J. Stewart
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.” —Matthew 28:19-20
In Matthew 28:19-20 Jesus commissioned His disciples to “GO YE” and preach the Gospel. The hardest part about The Great Commission is the “GO YE” part. Most churches simply don't have a concern for lost souls, plain and simple.
Thankfully, some faithful churches today do “Go Ye” soulwinning as Jesus commanded, preaching the Word, and have beautiful feet in God's eyes (Romans 10:15).
Howbeit, The Great Commission is more than just soulwinning, it is also discipling our converts by TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE everything the Spirit of Christ has taught us through His Word, primarily to win more souls to Christ.
Jesus plainly stated in John 15:5 . . . “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.”
Jesus said: “Go Ye” and so we must. It is a sin not to go soulwinning, because the Lord commanded us to “Go Ye” into all the world and make disciples of all men. The world is dying and going to Hell in their sins. Their only hope is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Every believer has the duty of soulwinning. If not us, who? If not here, where? If not now, when?
“...I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house” —Acts 20:20
- Will you make a decision today to follow The Great Commission, by becoming a Soul Winner and teaching others to do the same?
- Will your church dedicated a time each week when all of the members can go out door-to-door Soul Winning?
- Will your church preach, and emphasize Soul Winning messages from the pulpit?
- Will your church announce a time and place for regular Soul Winning?
- Will every Pastor, Deacon, Sunday School Teacher, Usher, and Church Worker be expected to go Soul Winning?
- Will your church implement a Scripture Memorization Program geared towards Soul Winning?
You can have a successful Soul Winning program. Let's Go Soul Winning!“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” —John 3:16